passion

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Today has been just like any other day. I sat through English class and didn't want it to end. I sat through all my other classes and wished I was in English class.

As I walked to the most dreaded class of the day in the old, smelly building us Provo bulldogs call "D Wing", I talked to a kid who has been in a couple of my classes. He's a great kid- very smart, hilarious, and he really REALLY loves US Government. Walking up the stairs, I complained to him that I would rather saw my own appendages off than attend US Government today. He replied expressing how much he loves the class and that he wishes every class was US Government.

HA.
HA HA.
HA.

wait.
really?

Then I got thinking...

Isn't individuality beautiful? It really is fascinating to think that there are billions of people on this earth, and we are ALL DIFFERENT. We all find interest in different things, we all look different, we all have different backgrounds.

We are all different; but we ALL feel.

Everyone in the world has emotion. It's probably one of the only things that every single one of us on this earth share. We all share passion. Maybe not for the same things, but each and every one of us has a passion.

While I tuned my teachers monotone voice out, this long train of thought progressed. What makes ME feel? What are MY passions? I came up with countless answers to these questions, and if you darlings don't mind, I'm going to share with you a few of them.



MAKING MUSIC
There is nothing else that makes me feel as much as sitting at a piano does. There's just something about feeling the smooth, cold keys beneath your fingers and hearing a chord every time you do. It's amazing to hear yourself singing that song from the radio, knowing that the radio is shut off. Writing your own music though, THAT is where passion really hits you. Your feelings, your heart, written down on paper and played on an instrument. It's so special.
It makes me feel.

DANCING
I've loved to dance since I could walk. Every time I dance, I do something with my body that I've never done before. To me, dance isn't just movement, it's discovery. You discover things about yourself you never knew before- things you can do, things you can feel.
It's exhilarating.
It makes me feel.

WRITING
Obviously, I love to write. Why would I have  this blog if I didn't love it? Old news, Aly. Writing is one of the greatest forms of expression for me. There's never a wrong way to do it. 2 and 2 doesn't have to equal 4. It's all about interpretation, individuality, and capturing new things, thoughts, or perspectives to give to the people reading. I could write forever.
It's effortless.
It makes me feel.

and lastly...

SIMPLICITY
I am not a high maintenance girl. If I would have told you that when I was little, I would be lying. As I've grown older, I've found such joy in simplicity. I've learned that it's not riches that are extravagant, it's life. Life is a fascinating thing and I try my best to enjoy it in any form God gives me. I love driving around with my brother listening to bubbly pop songs and yelling the wrong lyrics. I love weekends spend at home with my best girl friends watching movies and sharing secrets. I love Sunday's at church and the simplicity of the love that God has for each and every one of us. I love watching the trees in the beautiful mountains change from green to orange to bare. I love sitting on my porch smelling the rain and listening as it hits the pavement. The simple things that seem to go unnoticed day by day are the things that make me feel.

So now that I've yapped the passion right out of your body, I will bring these thoughts to a close with this.

Passion is an amazing thing. Having the ability to love and feel something so much is such a blessing. Take advantage of it. Do something to make you feel, because you deserve it.

Good evening, darlings.

♡ ♡ ♡ 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment